Sunday, October 15, 2006

Adapting To A New Environment

It's been 1 week since my new job. So far, I've no problem blending myself into this new working environment. My whole team of 7 is made up of all ladies. That makes me the only thorn among the roses, but they still treat me nice. Inside the enclosed room, we carry out our daily operation.

I've started to take a few calls on my second day. It was very bad. I simply didn't understand what the merchants were saying when they reported the fault. Things remain the same on the 3rd day. I was somewhat disappointed with my performance. That night I managed to talk to Esther. As usual, her words enlightened me. She told me its ok to make mistakes while I'm still new. Nobody will fault me for it. On the 4th day, I decided that I got to increase the amount of calls I pickup, in order to get better. Don't worry about making mistakes cos I will not be blamed at this point, and my colleagues will help me out of the mess. This really worked! My confidence level increased together with the number of calls I picked up. And I was gradually able to solve some of the common problems on my own!

I'm starting to miss my Amex colleagues, and the good food at beach road. When I get my off day on a weekday next month, I'll go visit them.

Thats about all for my update. I'll end here for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home