Monday, February 13, 2006

A busy week without my capable assistant

Actually there's nothing much I want to write for this post. Just some recap on what's going on for the entire week...

Its been quite some time since Edwyn (my very capable assistant) was attached to mail dept, to take over one colleague who went on leave. My workload increased tremendously without him around because other than my daily routine stuff, I have to handle his share of work. Most of which are complaints/requests from internal customers, which require immediate attention. I always have to leave my own work halfway done to attend to these matters. In the end, I have to stay back late to complete my own stuff.

With the few major projects coming up, I'm even more stressed than usual days. The projects require lots of focus, planning, info gathering and coordination, and also lots of site survey with contractors to be conducted. All these are very time consuming. I was beginning to lose my focus and patience. The whole week I was facing a great deal of pressure, and all the things I pre-planned in my calendar couldn't be done cos of shortage of time.

Above all these, I still had to worry about my god-sis's problem, and had to help her look for a job. I had promised to call her after office hours, but always ended up working late and didn't keep my promise to her. Was feeling abit guilty bout that. Saturday I finally met up with her to pass her the resume I did for her, and some job postings. We made ourselves comfortable at a coffee shop and talked for quite awhile. I couldn't do much for her, except to lend her a listening ear. Hope that she can settle her problem soon, and get moving ahead.

that's so much for the week. I'm going to end my post here...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home